Wednesday, 30 December 2009

A Strange Life

Now that the Christmas rush is over, I feel I have a few moments to update! Catherine has been doing really well - she has had a few bad days on steroids and is currently on 'anti-spot' (Chicken Pox preventative medicine), but otherwise she is doing well. Catherine's sibling is also growing well and is due to make an appearance in the next few weeks. I had an appointment today with my Consultant (this makes a change as it is usually Catherine's Consultant), and it is funny how Catherine just gets into the 'hospital zone'. She is so used to hospitals and Consultants and has her own routine, that seeing another consultant is really no big deal. She was fascinated today that, as they examined my tummy, the bed I had to lay on was NOT ELECTRIC. Yes, it was one that is raised jerkily by a foot pump and Catherine was not impressed. Her favourite bit about seeing her Consultant is when he examines her belly, and she gets to work the electric controls on the bed!!!

Anyway, I have made two medical professionals come close to tears in the past two weeks - not through anything I've said or done, but just when they meet Catherine and read my maternity notes. I find it all so odd really, because I forget that people think we have been through a big ordeal. We just kind of get on with life, and it is only when midwives read about Catherine on my maternity notes, and the complications of this pregnancy, that I start to realize what other people may be thinking. Life is certainly strange.

1 comment:

pamdowney said...

Dawn, we have been following your blog through Catherine's illness and praying for you all. Thank you for your thoughts. We are now praying for the safe delivery of your new addition and for a full recovery for Catherine. May God Bless you, Mark and Catherine in 2010. We look forward to your news in the New Year.

Pam Downey