Catherine is feeling more cheerful today as the steroids come out of her system. Yesterday, though, she made a breakthrough. She told me that she thinks she gets grumpy because of the 'cold medicine' (Vincristine). Whilst I think she has done really well to make the link between how she feels and treatment, I only hope she will take the 'cold medicine' next time (actually it is not the cold medicine but the steroid she takes afterwards which causes her mood swings, but she has worked out when it starts!). Personally, if I knew a medicine made me feel bad, I would not want to take it. I hope she will still be ok to take her medicine.
She is very excited at the moment because she will be seeing her Grandad this weekend for Father's Day. We haven't been able to see him since Christmas, so she is looking forward to the visit. We are also going to see Catherine's new school next week as she has an induction day to meet some of the other children. I think she is feeling a little bit shy, but I think I have managed to buoy her up a bit. She is generally quite outgoing, imaginative and kind so I have no concerns about her making friends. Even her bossiness may work in her favour, although with children the same age rather than younger, we will have to see what happens...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
She is growing up so quickly! Making the connection is quite advanced thinking for a 4 year old.
Have fun this weekend!
Suzanne
Post a Comment