Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Catherine's dream


Catherine has wanted to learn ballet for ages. Some friends of ours kindly gave us some ballet clothes, and Catherine has hardly been out of them. Just before Catherine's diagnosis, we took her to her first ballet lesson. I found it odd at the time because she didn't want to go back after the first lesson because she felt tired. Now she is starting to get excited about ballet again and she has two ballet DVDs that she watches, dancing around in her new ballet clothes. Looks like we're going to have to find her some proper ballet lessons!

She is doing really well at the moment. She feels good and is still on track for the trip to the zoo tomorrow. She is having her blood test today but we expect her counts to be good despite her daily oral chemotherapy.

7 comments:

Judith said...

hello Mark, Dawn and Catherine.

I spoke with Mark, for the 1st time, in the library last evening and he shared some of your journey with me. I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and surround you.

Take care, Judith

SmilingSally said...

I came from Judith's blog, and I prayed for your pretty girl.

Ali said...

What an absolutely gorgeous little girl! I'm sure she is a beautiful dancer.

I have a dancer at home too, but as she has the grace and poise of a baby elephant, we stick to Irish dancing with her!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your little one and the medical staff treating her as you go through these difficult times.

Keep dancing Catherine :-)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I came from Judith's blog and I am so touched by your story of Catherine. I will pray for your little girl and you also, her parents. The Lord be with you!

Blessings,
Sandi

My name is Riet said...

My thoughts are with you and little Catherine. She is beautiful

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Hi Dawn, What beautiful pictures of Catherine XXXX Mia has a very similar ensemble that she loves to wear daily!!! Glad to hear that all is going well and enjoy the trip to the Zoo XXX
Loads of Love Michelle and Mia XX

http://www.everybodylovesmia.co.uk/2009/01/tantrums-and-tiaras/ Mia's Ballerina pictures XX